Unit 1 Friendship Important Language Points? 整体设计
从容说课 This is the third teaching period of this unit. The teacher should first check the students’ homework and
offer chances for the students to review what they learned in the second period. The emphasis in this period will be put on the important new words, expressions and sentence patterns. In order to make the students understand these important points tho-roughly, the teacher can first get the students to understand their meanings in the context, then give some explanations about them, and later offer some practices to let the students know their usages. At last make the students do more exercises for consolidation. The teacher should be expected to carefully design class activities to encourage the students to be active in class so as to enable the students to grasp and use these language points both orally and in written form. Make sure the students are willing to take part in the activities in class and get ready to cooperate with each other. In doing so, the students can learn, grasp and use these important language points well. 教学重点 Enable the students to grasp the usages of such important new words and expressions as share, crazy, dare, series, on purpose, in order to, and so on. 教学难点 How to enable the students to grasp the usages of dare and in order to and understand some difficult and long sentences. 教学方法 1. Discussing, summarizing and practicing 2. Cooperative learning 教具准备 The multimedia and other normal teaching tools 三维目标 Knowledge aims: 1. Get the students to learn and grasp some important new words and expressions:add ignore concern cheat share series crazy dare suffer advice communicate add up calm down have got to be concerned about go through hide away set down a series of on purpose in order to face to face according to get along with fall in love with join in 2. Get the students to understand some useful sentence patterns: 1)Your friend, who doesn’t work hard, asks you to help him or her to cheat in the exam by looking at your paper, what will you do? (the Attributive Clause) 2)I don’t want to set down a series of facts in a diary as most people do, but I want this diary itself to be my friend. (as. . . ) 4)I wonder if it’s because I haven’t been able to be outdoors for so long time that I’ve grown so crazy about everything to do with nature. (I wonder if/whether. . . ; so. . . that. . . ) 5). . . I stayed awake on purpose until half past eleven one evening in order to have a good look at the moon for once by myself. (stay+adj. ; in order to do) Ability aims: 1. Enable the students to use some useful words and expressions correctly.
2. Enable the students to learn how to understand new words, expressions and difficult sentences according to the context. Emotional aims: Develop the students’ spirit of cooperation and teamwork. 教学过程 设计方案（一） →Step 1 Revision 1. Check the homework exercises. 2. Ask some students to talk about their friends and what qualities and behavior make good friends. Also may ask them to talk about Anne’s best friend, her diary. →Step 2 Reading and exercise Get the students to try to find out the words and expressions as quickly as possible in the related parts and let them learn some important new words and expressions by studying their contexts, clues and word-formation. The teacher shows the following on the screen. 1. Find the words and expressions in Warming Up. Make sure that they have the same meanings given below. 1)to join numbers, amount, etc. so as to find the total 2)to act in a dishonest way in order to win; to take from (someone)in a dishonest way 3)be worried about 4)feeling unhappy about something; worried; anxious 5)not to take notice of 6)to make (of a living beings)calm 7)must 8)not fastened; tied up, shut up, etc. ; free from control 2. Fill in the blanks with the words and expressions in the Reading to complete the following sentences. 1)Friends are just the people who______________ your happiness and sorrow. 2)You really don’t know what we______________ while working on the farm. 3)I have______________ everything that happened, as I remember it. 4)She______________ singing and dancing. 5)Tom did something wrong to his brother, but he said he didn’t do that______________ . 6)______________ catch the first bus, she got up early this morning. 7)The naughty boy______________ and his parents didn’t find him anywhere. 8)A deep blue sky, white clouds, green trees and red flowers and fresh air held me_______________ . →Step 3 Checking Explain the problems the students meet while checking the answers. Suggested answers: 1. 1)add up 2)cheat 3)be concerned about 4)upset 5)ignore 6)calm down7)have (got) to 8)loose 2. 1)share 2)went through 3)set down 4)is crazy about 5)on purpose 6)In order to 7)hid away 8)entirely in their power →Step 4 Language Points
1. add vt. & vi. 1)to put something with something else or with a group of other things 加；添；增加 Do you want to add your name to the list? 你愿意把名字添到名单上吗？ Whisk the egg and then add the flour. 打好鸡蛋以后再加面粉。 2)to put two or more numbers together in order to calculate the total 加 Add 6 and 6 to make 12. 6 加 6 得 12。 If you add 5 and 5 (together), you get 10. 5 加 5 得 10。 Add 9 to the total. 在总数上再加 9。 3)to say some more that is related to what has already been said 接着又说；补充说 That’s all I want to say. Is there anything you’d like to add？ 我要说的就这些，你还有什么要补充的吗？ I have nothing to add to my earlier statement. 我对我先前说的话，没有什么补充的。 add to to make something larger and more noticeable 增加 Our explanation seemed only to add to his bewilderment. 我们的解释似乎只是增加了他的困惑。 Fireworks added to the attraction of the festival night. 焰火使节日的夜晚更加生色。 add up to calculate the total of several numbers 加起来；总计 Add your scores up and we’ll see who won. 把你们的得分加起来，我们就会看出谁赢了。 Add up all the money I owe you. 把我应付你的钱都加在一起。 add up to to have a particular result 总计，共达 His schooling added up to no more than one year. 他受的学校教育总计不超过一年。 These numbers add up to 100. 这些数目合计为 100。 addition n. 加；增加的人或事物 additional adj. 附加的；另外的；外加的 (1)What he did______________ our difficulties. A. add to B. has added up? C. has added to D. had added up to (2)The cost______________ 100 million dollars. A. added up to B. has added to C. added
D. has added up (3)All this______________ a new concept of the universe. A. adds B. adds to C. adds up D. adds up to (4)—It is very delicious, is it? —Yes, I think you have had some salt______________ the soup. A. added B. added into C. added to D. added up to 答案：(1)C (2)A (3)D (4)C 2. upset 1)vt. &vi. (upset; upset)to make someone feel unhappy or worried 使不安；使心烦 I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to upset you. 对不起，我本来并不想让你不高兴的。 Her friend’s sudden death upset him very much. 她朋友的突然去世使她很难过。 2)adj. (not before noun)unhappy and worried 心烦意乱的；心情不舒适的 She was still upset about the argument that she had had with Harry. 对于她和 Harry 的争吵，她还感到心烦呢。 She is really feeling upset about losing lots of money. 丢掉了许多钱，她真的感到很沮丧。 3. ignore vt. 1)to behave as if you had not seen or heard someone or something 不理睬；忽视 Some drivers simply ignore speed limits. 有些司机就是无视速度的限制。 He completely ignored all these facts as though they never existed. 他完全无视这一切，好像它们根本不存在似的。 She saw him coming but she ignored him. 她看见他走过来，但装作没看到他。 2)to pay no attention to something that you have been told or that you know about 忽略（不 计） The policeman ignored personal danger to save a little girl. 为了救一个小女孩，那名警察不顾个人的安危。 ignorance n. 无知 ignorant adj. 无知的；愚昧的；不知道的 4. calm 1)adj. quiet and without excitement, nervous activity or strong feelings 平静的；镇静的，沉 着的 Keep calm, and try not to panic. 保持镇静，不要慌张。 She tried to keep calm about it. 她努力对此保持镇静。 2)vt. & vi. to make someone or something quiet after strong emotion or nervous activity (使) 平静，(使)镇定；平息 Charlie tried to calm the frightened children.
查理努力使受到惊吓的孩子们平静下来。 The crying child soon calmed down. 哭闹的小孩不多一会就安静下来。 calm down vt. &vi. to become quiet or make someone quiet after strong emotion or nervous activity(使)平静下来，(使)镇定下来 When she heard the news, she was so excited that nothing could calm her down. 当听到这个消息时，她激动得什么也不能使她平静下来。 Calm down and tell me what happened. 别激动，告诉我发生了什么事。 Wait till you are more______________. It’s better to be sure than sorry. A. inspired B. certain C. calm D. satisfied 答案：B 5. share 1)vi & vt. (1)to have or use (sth. )with others; have (sth. )in common 与别人共有或合用（某物） ；在 （某方面）有共同之处 The last bus had gone, so the three of us shared a taxi. 最后一班公交车开走了，我们仨人打了一辆出租车。 I shared a room with him at college. 上大学时，我和他同居一室。 He shares my fears about a possible war. 他和我一样害怕有可能发生战争。 (2)have a share in sth. ; participate in sth. 分摊或分享某事物；参与某事物 I will share (in) the cost with you. 我愿与你分摊费用。 She shares (in) my troubles as well as my joys. 她与我同甘共苦。 (3)to tell sb. about sth. 将某事告诉某人 She won’t share her secret with us. 她不肯把她的秘密告诉我们。 I want to share my news with you. 我想把我得到的消息告诉你。 2)n. part of something 一份；部分；份额 I do my share of the housework. 我做我该做的那份家务。 Don’t worry—you’ll get your fair share. 别急，你会得到你应得的那份。 Let Harry play with your toys as well, Glare—you must learn to______________. A. support B. care C. spare D. share 答案：D 6. set down to put or lay down; to write down sth. so that you have a record of it 放下，搁 下；记下，写下 Set down your heavy bag and take a rest. 放下你的包，休息一会。
I want to set down my feelings on paper. 我要记下我的感受。 set apart to make someone or something different from other people or things 使突出，使与 众不同 set aside to keep some money or time for a special purpose 存储，拨出 set off to start to go somewhere; to cause an explosion 出发，动身；使爆炸 set out to start a journey or to talk about something in an organized way 出发，开始；陈述， 阐明 set up to start an organization; to build something 设立，开办；竖起，建起 1)They______________ the experiment yesterday. A. set about to do? B. set out doing C. set aside doing? D. set out to do 2)The Chinese delegation group will______________ for America tomorrow. A. set apart B. set aside C. set off D. set up 答案：1)D 2)C 7. go through to examine carefully; to experience 审阅，检查；经历（困难、痛苦等） I went through the students’ papers last night. 我昨晚仔细批改了学生的作业。 You really don’t know what we went through while working on this project. 你的确不知道我们在搞这个项目的时候吃了多少苦。 8. crazy adj. impractical; foolish; mad; ill in the mind; wildly excited; very interested 不实际 的；愚蠢的；疯狂的；怪诞的，古怪的；狂热的；热衷于，迷恋 That’s the craziest idea I’ve ever heard. 那是我曾听到的最蠢的想法。 It’s crazy to go out in such hot weather. 在这么炎热的天气里出去真是疯了。 Turn that music down—it’s driving me crazy. 把音乐音量调小，我都快疯了。 She is crazy about dancing. 她对舞蹈十分着迷。 be crazy about/over to like sb. very much, or be very interested in something 爱上，迷恋着； 热衷于，醉心于 The boy is crazy about football. 那个男孩对足球着迷。 like crazy very hard 发疯似地；拼命地；猛烈地 We have to work like crazy to get this finished on time. 为了按时完成这个任务，我们不得不拼命地工作。 He’s crazy______________ out in such hot weather! A. about going B. to go C. going D. at going 答案：B 9. lonely adj. unhappy because of being alone or without friends 孤独的；寂寞的 Living in a big city can be very lonely. 在大城市里生活还真很孤寂。 When his wife and two little children left him, he was very lonely.
妻子和两个孩子离开他后，他非常孤独。 Hers is a lonely life. 她的生活很寂寞。 lonely&alone: alone adj. &adv. without any friends or separated from others; only (usually behind a n. or pron. )\[只作表语\]单独的，独自的；独一无二的；\[只放在名词、代词之后\]仅仅，只有 He was alone in the house. 他独自一人在家里。 I am not alone in thinking so. 并非只有我才这样想的。 The key alone will open the door. 只有这把钥匙能打开这道门。 I live all alone but I never feel lonely. 我虽然孑然一身，但从不感孤独。 leave/let sb. or sth. alone not to take, touch or interfere with sb. or sth. 不带走；不触摸；不 干涉某人或某物 She has asked to be left alone. 她要求不要打扰她。 I’ve told you before—leave my things alone! 我早已告诉过你，不要动我的东西。 The old captain lived______________ on a______________ island in the Atlantic Ocean but he never felt______________. A. lonely; alone; lonely? B. alone; lonely; lonely C. alone; lonely; alone? D lonely; lonely; alone . 答案：B 10. concern 1)n. worry; thing that is important or interesting to sb. 担心；对某人来说是重要的或感兴 趣的事 There is growing concern about/over the effects of pollution on health. 现在越来越担心污染给健康带来的影响。 The rise in unemployment is of great concern to the government. 对政府来说，失业人数的增长是非常重大的事情。 2)vt. to make someone feel worried or upset 使某人担忧；使烦恼 The fact that she spends so much money on her own really concerns me. 她在自己身上花那么多的钱真的让我感到烦恼。 More and more people are concerning themselves with/about environmental problems. 越来越多的人在为环保问题担忧。 be concerned about/for be worried about 关心；挂念 Ross has never been concerned about what other people think of him. 罗斯从来不关心别人怎么看他。 Rescuers are concerned for the safety of those trapped in the mine. 营救人员挂念着被困在矿井里的那些人的安全。 11. purpose n. an intention or plan; the feeling of having an aim in life 目的；意图；决心； 意志
What is your purpose in doing that? 你做那件事的意图是什么? He walked with a stride full of purpose. 他迈着坚定的步伐向前走。 on purpose deliberately; intentionally; not by accident 有意地；故意地；并非偶然的 I came here on purpose to see you. 我是专程来这儿看你的。 12. trust 1)n. a strong belief in the honesty, goodness etc. of someone or something 信任；信赖；相 信 You shouldn’t put your trust in a man like that. 你不应该信任那样的人。 A good marriage is based on trust. 美满的婚姻是建立在互相信任的基础上的。 2)vt. to believe that someone is honest and will not harm you or cheat you 信任；信赖；相 信 I trusted Max, so I lent him the money. 我信得过马克斯，就把钱借给他了。 13. suffer vt. &vi. 1)fell pain, discomfort, great sorrow, etc. 感到疼痛、不适、悲伤等 Do you suffer from headache? 你经常头痛吗？ Think how much the parents of the kidnapped boy must have suffered. 那个男孩给拐走了，想想看他父母得多伤心哪。 2)to experience or undergo something unpleasant 遭受；经历 We suffered huge losses in the financial crisis. 我们在金融危机中损失惨重。 In recent games their team has suffered several defeats. 在最近的比赛中，他们的球队吃了几次败仗。 3)to become worse; lose quality 变坏；变差；变糟 Your studies will suffer if you play too much football. 你要是总是踢足球，功课就糟了。 Her business suffered when she was ill. 她生病时，生意受到了影响。 4)to tolerate; stand 忍受；容忍；经得起 I will not suffer such conduct. 我不能容忍这种行为。 She could not suffer criticism. 她受不了批评。 suffer for 为……而受苦 He suffered for his carelessness. 他因粗心而吃了亏。 suffer from 患……病；受……之苦 The child suffers from measles.
这小孩得了麻疹。 14. get along (with) to have a friendly relationship; to progress 融洽相处；进展 I’ve always found him a bit difficult to get along with. 我总是觉得他有点难相处。 How are you getting along with your English studies? 你的英语学习情况如何？ get about/around (news)get widespread 传开 get away to succeed in leaving a place 逃脱；离开 get back to return to a place; to have sth. returned to you 回来；恢复；找回 get down to make sb. feel unhappy 使沮丧 get down to sth. /doing sth. to start doing sth. that needs a lot of time or energy 开始做正事 get over get well after an illness; to do and finish sth. difficult 恢复；克服 get through to pass a test or exam 及格；通过考试 15. communicate vi. to express your thoughts and feelings 交流；沟通 Parents sometimes find it difficult to communicate with a teenage child. 父母有时觉得和十几岁的孩子交流困难。 Since then, they lost their ability to communicate with an audience. 自那以后他们再也无法引起观众的共鸣。 →Step 5 Analyzing some important and difficult sentences 1. While walking the dog, you were careless and it got loose and was hit by a car. 这里的 While walking the dog 可以看作是状语从句 While you were walking the dog 的省 略。整个句子可译成“你在遛狗时，不小心让狗挣脱被车撞了”。 在状语从句中，如果从句的主语和主句的主语一致或是 it，而且从句谓语中又含有 be 的形式时，从句的主语和 be 的形式可以省略。 When scolded by his father, the boy always keeps silent. 在受到爸爸责备时，那个男孩总是保持沉默。 Help them if possible. 如果可能的话，帮帮他们。 2. Your friend, who doesn’t work hard, asks you to help him or her to cheat in the exam by looking at your paper. 这里的 who doesn’t work hard 是非限制性定语从句。by doing sth. 通常在句子中用作状 语，表示方式。整个句子可译成“你的朋友不用功。他要在考试中（偷）看你的试卷， （要你） 帮他作弊”。 His younger brother, who is my best friend, graduated from Beijing University last year. 他的弟弟是我得最好的朋友，去年毕业于北京大学。 The old man makes his living by selling vegetables. 那位老人以卖青菜为生。 3. Do you want a friend whom you could tell everything to, like your deepest feelings and thoughts? 这里的 whom you could tell everything to 是定语从句，修饰 friend，介词 to 也可放在关 系代词 whom 的前面，即 to whom you could tell everything。此处的 like 相当于 such as。整 个句子可译成“你是不是想有一位无话不谈能推心置腹的朋友呢？”。 He has learned some foreign languages, like (such as)French and German. 他已经学会了几门外语，如法语和德语。
4. I don’t want to set down a series of facts in a diary as most people do, but I want this diary itself to be my friend. 这是一个由 but 连接的并列复合句，第一分句中的 as most people do 是方式状语从句。 短语 set down 在这里相当于 write down。a series of 的意思是“一连串的”“一系列”。 整个句 子可译成“我不愿像大多数人那样在日记中记流水账，我要把这本日记当作我的朋友”。 5. I wonder if it’s because I haven’t been able to be outdoors for so long time that I’ve grown so crazy about everything to do with nature. 这里的 it’s because I haven’t been able to be outdoors for so long time that I’ve grown so crazy about everything to do with nature 是强调句，强调的是表示原因的状语从句 because I haven’t been able to be outdoors for so long time。整个句子可译成“我不知道这是不是因为我 长久无法出门的缘故，我变得对一切与大自然有关的事物都无比狂热”。 强调句型 It is/was. . . that. . . 可用来强调句子中除谓语以外的任何句子成分。 I bought this car in that shop last month. (原始句) It was I who/that bought this car in that shop last month. (强调主语) It was this car that I bought in that shop last month. (强调宾语) It was in that shop that I bought this car last month. (强调地点状语) It was last month that I bought this car in that shop. (强调时间状语) 1)It was last year______________ you taught me how to drive. A. when B. that C. where D. which 2)It was______________ he said______________ disappointed me. A. that; what B. what; that C. what; what D. that; that 3)It was in the factory______________ produced TV sets______________ our friend was murdered. A. which; which B. that; which C. that; that D. where; that 4)______________ find my wallet, Tom? A. Where did you that B. Where was it you B. Where have you D. Where was it that you 5)It was not until 1920______________ regular radio broadcast began. A. while B. which C. that D. since 6)______________ was in 1979______________ I graduated from the university. A. That; that B. It; that C. That; when D. It; when 答案：1)B 2)B 3)C 4)D 5)C 6)B 6. . . . I stayed awake on purpose until half past eleven one evening in order to have a good look at the moon for once by myself. 这里的 stay 是连系动词， 后面跟的是表语形容词 awake， 构成系表结构。 order to have in a good look at. . . 作状语，表示目的。整个句子可译成“有一天晚上，我熬到 11 点半故意不 睡觉，为的是独自好好看月亮一次”。 in order to 后跟动词原形，意思是“为了……起见”“以便……”，引导目的状语，否定形 式为 in order not to。
In order to catch the train, she hurried through her work. 为了赶上火车，她急急忙忙地做完了工作。 She set off early this morning in order not to miss the meeting. 为了不错过这次会议，她今天一大早就动身了。 in order to&so as to：二者意思和用法基本相同，都后跟动词原形，引导目的状语。二者 区别在于 in order to 既可放在句首，也可放在句末；so as to 只能放在句末。 In order to catch the first bus, she got up early this morning. /She got up early this morning in order to catch the first bus. /She got up early this morning so as to catch the first bus. 为了赶上第一班公交车，她一大早就起床了。 7. But as the moon gave far too much light, I didn’t dare open a window. 这里的 as the moon gave far too much light 是原因状语从句，too much 表示过量，意思是 “太多”。句子中的 dare 用作实义动词，有人称和数以及时态等的变化，后面可跟动词不定 式，但在否定句中不定式的符号 to 可以省略。整个句子可译成“但是因为月光太亮了，我不 敢打开窗户”。 dare 除了用作实义动词外，还可用作情态动词，但一般用于否定句或疑问句中，不用于 肯定句中。 The little girl dare not go out alone at night. 这个小姑娘不敢晚上一个人出去。 How dare you speak to your mother that way? 你怎么敢那样对你妈妈讲话呢？ too much&much too：too much 的用法相当于 much，只是程度的不同，too 修饰 much， 在句子中起名词、形容词或副词的作用，可以用作宾语、表语、定语，也可以用作状语； much too 表示“太……”，用法相当于 too，也只是程度的不同，much 修饰 too，在句子中起 副词作用，用作状语，但后面必须跟形容词或副词，一般不能修饰动词。 Climbing mountains is too much for the old. 爬山对老人来说太重了。 Watching TV too much is harmful for your eyesight. 看电视太多对眼睛有害。 Too much difficulty made them stronger. 过多的磨难使他们更加强壮。 1)Don’t have the children playing______________ in the sun. It’s______________ hot today. A. very much; so much? B. so much; very much C. too much; much too? D. much too; too much 2)I wonder how he______________ that to the teacher. A. dare to say B. dare saying C. not dare say D. dared say 答案：1)C 2)D 8. . . . it was the first time in a year and a half that I’d seen the night face to face. . . It is/was the first/second/. . . time that. . . 是固定句型， 引导的从句时态一般用完成时。 that 整个句子可译成“这是我一年半以来第一次目睹夜晚”。 It is the third time that I have been to Beijing. 这是我第三次来北京。 He said that it was the first time that he had met such a strange person. 他说他还是第一次遇到这么奇怪的人。
9. If you have some trouble (in)getting along with your friends, you can write to the editor and ask for advice. 这里的 have some trouble (in)doing something，意思是“做某事有一些困难”，还可以说 have no (much, great, little)trouble/difficulty (in)doing something 或 have (some, no, much, great, little)trouble/difficulty with something，意思是“做某事有（一些、没有、很多、很少）困难”。 整个句子可译成“如果你在和朋友的相处上有问题，你可以写信给编辑向他征求建议”。 I have some difficulty (in)following our teacher in English class. 在英语课上，跟上老师的课我感到有些吃力。 They had little trouble with new school life. 适应新的学校生活，他们几乎没有问题。 10. Although I really try to talk to my classmates, I still find it hard to make good friends with them. 这是一个复合句，Although I really try to talk to my classmates 是让步状语从句，谓语动 词 find 后面跟的是复合宾语，it 代替后面的动词不定式作形式宾语，形容词 hard 充当宾补。 整个句子可译成“我虽然确实想和同学们交谈，但我还是感到与他们交朋友困难”。 I find it very difficult to get along with him. 我感到和他相处很困难。 →Step 6 Consolidation Show the exercises on the screen or give out exercise papers. Choose the best answers. 1. It’s seven thirty. I______________ go to school. A. have got B. have got to C. got to D. had got to 2. He came into the classroom______________ . A. very upset B. be upset C. to upset D. to be upset 3. This is the first time that I______________ at the meeting. A. had spoken B. have spoken C. am D. was 4. His whole school education______________ only 2 years because of his illness. A. added up B. added up in C. added up to D. was added up 5. Are you______________ your classmates well? A. getting along B. get along with C. getting along with D. got along with. 6. The shop______________ until 7 o’clock. A. stays opened? B. continues open C. stays open? D. continues opened 7. We______________ in the neighborhood. A. happened being? B. happened be C. happened to be? D. are happened to be 8. No one______________ of it. A. dared to speaking? B. dared speak C. can dared speak? D. dare speaking 9. I want your______________ , sir. I don’t know what to do. A. advices B. piece of advices C. advice D. advise
10. Will you______________ playing basketball? A. join us in B. join to C. join us to D. to join us 11. Was it in 1969______________ the American astronauts succeeded______________ landing on the moon? A. when; on B. that; on C. when; in D. that; in 12. Was______________ that I saw last night at the concert? A. it you B. not you C. you D. that yourself 13. It is the ability to do the job______________ matters, not where you came from or what you are. A. one B. it C. what D. that 14. It was only when I reread his poems recently______________ I began to appreciate their beauty. A. until B. that C. then D. so 15. It was______________ late to catch a bus after the party; therefore we called a party. A. too very B. much too C. too much D. for 16. Why don’t you put the meat in the fridge? It will______________ fresh for several days. A. be stayed B. stay C. be staying D. have stayed First get the students to do the exercises. Then the answers are given. The teacher can give them explanations where necessary. 答案： B 2. A 3. B 4. C 5. C 6. C 7. C 8. B 9. C 10. A 11. D 12. A 13. 1. D 14. B 15. B 16. B →Step 7 Workbook (Using words and expressions) Do Exercise 2 first. Discuss the answers in pairs and then check the answers with the whole class. If time permits, ask three students to do Exercise 1 on the blackboard (Each has two sentences). If not, assign it as homework. Give them some help if necessary. →Step 8 Homework 1. Finish off the Workbook exercises. Write down Exercise 2 in the exercise book. 2. Learn the new words and expressions by heart. 板书设计 Unit 1 Friendship Language Points Vocabulary and Patterns Examples add up 1. Add your scores up and we’ll see who won. set down 2. I want to set down my feelings on paper. crazy 3. Turn that music down—it’s driving me crazy. be concerned about 4. Ross has never been concerned about what other people think of him. purpose 5. The discussion serves a twin purpose—instruction and feedback. get along with 6. How are you getting along with your English studies? go through 7. You really don’t know what we went through while working on this project. in order to 8. In order to catch the train, she hurried through her work. It is the first time that. . . 9. He said that it was the first time that he had met such a strange
person. 活动与探究 There are many proverbs about friends and friendship. Surf the Internet to find some out, try to translate and learn as many as possible. The purpose of this activity is to encourage students to make use of the Internet to enrich their language knowledge. It can also make students think more about questions on friend and friendship, realize further the values of friends and friendship, and learn how to make friends, how to get along with friends and how to treasure friendship. Proverbs on friends and friendship: 1. A friend to everybody is a friend to nobody. 2. A faithful friend is hard to find. 3. A friend without faults will never be found. 4. A true friend is known in the day of adversity. 5. A friend is never known till a man has need. 6. Misfortune tests the sincerity of friends. 7. Old friends and old wines are best. 8. Everything is good when new, but friend when old. 9. Familiar paths and old friends are the best. 10. A bosom friend afar brings distant land near. 11. Friends may meet, but mountains never greet. 12. We can live without a brother, but not without a friend. 13. A life without a friend is a life without a sun. 14. A thousand friends are few, one enemy is too many. 15. A friend in court is better than a penny in purse. 16. Between friends all is common. 17. When a friend asks, there is no tomorrow. 18. A ready way to lose friend is to lend him money. 19. Friends are like fiddle-strings, they must not be screwed too tight. 20. An empty purse frightens many friends. 21. He that has a full purse never wants a friend. 22. Friendship—one soul in two bodies. 23. Friendship is love with understanding. 24. Friendship multiplies joys and divides grieves. 25. Friendship cannot stand always on one side. 26. Friendship, the older it grows, the stronger it is. Suggested translations: 1. 广交友，无深交。 2. 益友难得。 3. 没有十全十美的朋友。 4. 疾风知劲草，患难见真情。 5. 需要之时方知友。 6. 患难见真情。 7. 陈酒味醇，老友情深。 8. 东西新的好，朋友老的好。
9. 熟路好遵循，老友最可珍。 10. 海内存知己，天涯若比邻。 11. 朋友可相逢，高山永分离。 12. 我们生活中可以没有兄弟，但不能没有朋友。 13. 人生在世无朋友，犹如生活无太阳。 14. 朋友千人尚觉少，仇敌一人犹嫌多。 15. 囊中有钱，不如朝中有友。 16. 朋友之间不分彼此。 17. 朋友的要求不要拖。 18. 失友皆从借钱起。 19. 朋友像琴弦，不能拧太紧。 20. 囊中无分文，亲友不上门。 21. 只要袋里有，不愁没朋友。 22. 友谊就是两人一条心。 23. 友谊是爱加上谅解。 24. 友谊可以增添欢乐，也可以分担忧愁。 25. 来而不往非礼也。 26. 友谊地久天长。